II Chronicles 7:12-16
def.;(n) The act of one that blesses. Something promoting or contributing to happiness.
Blessed (adj) Hold in veneration;revered. Bringing happiness, pleasure, or contentment. Blissful.
SCRIPTURE: Matthew 5:1-16
Theme: Know what you are looking for...
Aim: To refocus- Isaiah 55:8-9,11
I. What are Blessings?
A. TEACHINGS that lead to knowledge, wisdom, and understanding.
1. John 8:31-32 How to be free? Requires action.
2. Genesis 12:1-3 Requires action.
3. Genesis 15:1-8,18 Difficult to comprehend, sometimes. Believe.
4. Daniel 3:17-30 Believe and Do; it's worth it.
II. How are they GIVEN or RECEIVED?
1. Genesis 50: 14-21 Merited and Unmerited.
2. Matthew 25:31 -40 Random acts. (Matthew 7:21f)
3. James 5:16 It is a blessing.
1. The Gospels Not always recognizable for what it is.
2. Luke 17:11- 18 Sometimes taken for granted.
3. Psalms 34:7-9 Sometimes forgotten about.
4. Psalms 68:19 Can't count nor know all of them.
Conclusion: Hold fast to your greatest blessing (Luke 10: 19 20)